- To advise and assist the President on administrative matters and to facilitate and support overall operations of the Office of the President.
- The Permanent Secretary is responsible for efficiency and effectiveness of the Office of the President, through implementation of existing mechanisms for accounting and management of State assets and human resources, in terms of Treasury Instructions BB0101.
Sub-division: Internal auditAn Internal Auditor who reports directly to the Accounting Officer heads the Sub-division.
- To provide assurance to the Accounting Officer on the adequacy of controls on all financial and operating systems of the Office.
- Submit to the Permanent Secretary a summary of the audit work schedule;
- Review specific operations at the request of Permanent Secretary or Management, as required;
- Write a report after the conclusion of each audit and submit a summary thereof to the
- Permanent Secretary;
- Report work progress to the Permanent Secretary;
- Maintain good working relation, with clients and keep them informed about findings of the audits on a timely basis;
- Follow-up on reported findings at appropriate intervals. Internal Audit Subdivision maintains a follow-up database for this purpose;
- Conduct follow-ups on audit findings and recommendations;
- Carry out any other business as assigned by the Supervisor, which is within the context of the objectives of the Office of the Auditor-General.